Please see our Covid-19 link to see any necessary amendments to these terms and conditions.
- To secure your gite booking you pay a 25% deposit and return the completed booking form. Please note that the deposit and final balance payments are non-refundable, so please ensure you take out comprehensive travel insurance.
- The final balance is payable 8 weeks before arrival. If the balance is not received by this time then your booking will be deemed cancelled, and the property re-advertised.
- If a booking is made within 8 weeks of your proposed arrival, then the total cost of the holiday is payable at the time of booking.
- We trust our guests to treat the property with respect. We don't worry about minor breakages such as the odd glass or plate - accidents do happen and we want you to be able to relax completely during your stay with us. However, we do include a £200/250€ damage deposit in the final balance payment for more substantial damage to equipment and fittings. This sum does not limit your liability to the Owners.
- The damage deposit will be refunded within two weeks of the end of your holiday.
- At least one member of the group must be a responsible adult of 18 years or over.
- Numbers more than those agreed on the booking form are not permitted without the express written permission of the owners.
- In order that we have time to prepare your gite please do not arrive at Le Bouchet before 5:00pm.
- Please vacate your gite by 10:30am on your departure date.
- Please note that there is NO SMOKING in the gite, pool area, terraces and shared gardens. Smoking is restricted to your own private garden.
- NO PETS are allowed at Le Bouchet, sorry. (But you can share ours!)
- All bed linen and house towels are provided with a weekly change for 2-week bookings. We do not provide pool towels.
- Free Wi-Fi is available but please be aware we are in a rural community and the signal strength can vary at times.
- The owners shall not be liable to you or any member of your party for any loss, damage or injury incurred at Le Bouchet or through use of equipment or facilities. Likewise, the owners shall not be liable for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of Public Services, nor in respect of any temporary defect in equipment or appliances in the gite, grounds or swimming pool; nor for any loss, damage or injury beyond the control of the owners. Please make sure you have appropriate travel insurance.
- As the gite is serviced by fosse septique, as in most of rural France, all gite-cleaning materials and toilet paper will be provided by us to prevent any damage to the fosse. Please ensure you only use the toilet paper provided by us and note that it is important that no sanitary or baby items are flushed down the toilets.
- We do expect the gite to be left reasonably clean and tidy when you leave. If it is not clean and tidy, we will deduct a cleaning charge from your damage deposit.
- The charge for La Laiterie is £70/85€ and this is for 4 hours cleaning. The charge for Les Ecuries £60/75€ and this is for 3 hours cleaning. Any hours in addition to this will be charged at £15/20€ an hour.
- Our cleaning fee does not include washing up, emptying bins and replacing any furniture that has been moved.
- If you wish us to do an end of stay clean please let us know before the day of your departure.
The swimming pool:
- Please follow pool signs and instructions - pool safety is of the utmost importance to us. Your children must be supervised by an adult at all times. You and your party agree to take full responsibility for the safety of all members of your party in and around the swimming pool.
- No glass should be taken into the pool area. Plastic 'glasses' are provided for this purpose. Any glass falling into the pool could mean that the pool has to be emptied, cleaned and refilled. This may take a number of days and would result in you losing your refundable damage deposit.
- Please be aware that the pool is open from the beginning of May to the end of September.
- To make sure everyone gets a peaceful evening and that we have time to clean the pool, it is closed from about 8pm in the evening until about 9.30am in the morning.
- Please note that entry and exit to the pool is by the pool steps.
- The pool has the same depth throughout its length, there is no shallow end.
- Please be aware that in order to protect the pool liner ONLY sponge and inflatable toys can be used in the pool. A selection of inflatable toys are provided.
- Please be aware that sun creams, particularly "Riemanns P20", can cause staining to towels and bedding which is not always possible to remove. To avoid staining our towels and bedding and incurring a charge against your damage deposit please ensure you shower before going to bed or using the house towels we provide.
- We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide the services you have requested from us and it will not be shared with any 3rd party.
- We reserve the right to enter the gite should we deem it necessary.
Please note that we reserve the right to update and amend our Terms and Conditions at any time.